Best trundle beds
When it comes to sleeping arrangements, there never seems to be enough room for everyone. Of course, if you live in a house big enough for everyone, then you may not be interested in a trundle bed. However, if you have a small but cozy home, you may have space issues when people come to visit. But then again, you are not going to buy a larger house just so you can accommodate people when they come over a few times per year. I, for one, would not spend extra money to buy a home with guest bedrooms that are used just once or twice per year. It does not make sense. That is why when people are visiting, children or otherwise, you can invest in a trundle bed.
What is a trundle bed?
A trundle bed is some sort of bunk bed. However, instead of having one more level above, it has a platform underneath that includes another mattress. It is like pulling a bed from under another bed. The platform that holds the mattress has casters so that you can pull it out easily. As you can imagine, it is a lot lower than the original bed, but it serves the same purpose. After all, trundle beds are temporary solutions, not permanent. I would not recommend a trundle bed for someone who has two children as a permanent sleeping arrangement. Sleepovers are acceptable, but a trundle bed, in my opinion, cannot and should not be used as a bed on a regular basis.
The benefits of investing in a trundle bed
A trundle bed may not seem like an extraordinary product, but it sure does come in handy at times. It may not be the least expensive solution when it comes to providing some additional sleeping space, but it has a few advantages that I think you will appreciate.
- No more inflatable mattresses – I do not know about you, but I hate inflatable mattresses. Without a pump, it is going to take you a while to inflate it; if it is cheap, the sheets will slide right off. Plus, one wrong move and it is done. Not to mention if you have pets. A single claw and the mattress is done. Plus, you have to admit that aesthetically, inflatable mattresses are an eyesore.
- It is more comfortable than an air mattress – since a trundle bed is designed to accommodate a real mattress, it is a lot more comfortable than an air mattress. Whenever you have someone over, instead of sentencing them to a backache the next day, you provide a comfortable and healthy sleeping place. Apart from being at a lower level, a trundle bed is just the same as a real bed.
- It is easier to set up – a trundle bed will always be ready to use. Just pull it out from under the bed, and put on the sheets. It should not take you longer than 5 minutes to set it up. Plus, when you are done, just remove the sheets and push it back under the bed. No more waiting to deflate. While some people do not consider that to be a hassle, I have an abhorrence for it. Many people agree, which is why they prefer a trundle bed any day.
- It comes in handy at children’s sleepovers – I assume that your child must have a very close friend that spends the night frequently at your place. A trundle bed is ideal for that situation. Instead of compelling the other child to sleep in the same bed as yours or in a sleeping bag on the floor, you can provide a separate bed right next to your kid’s bed. It is comfortable, close, and the kids will have the feeling that they are sleeping together in the same bed. Problem solved.
How to choose the best trundle bed?
If you are in the market for a trundle bed, I can give you a few tips on how to choose the best one. It is not difficult, and as long as you know what you are looking for, you should have no issues. However, there are a few things that you need to consider before you make a purchase. Here is what I am talking about.
- Design – a trundle bed is a piece of furniture, and you need to make sure that it matches your house’s décor. Depending on where you want to put it, you may need a particular design that matches the rest of the furniture. For example, there are models that can be placed right in the living room. That is because their design makes them look like stylish couches. It is definitely worth looking into it.
- Construction – not all trundle beds are made of the same material. Some are made to have a wooden structure and tapestry over them, some have simple wooden structures, while others are made of metal. At the end of the day, the choice is entirely yours, but you need to take into account the fact that metal trundle beds are usually more durable. Depending on the design and details, they can also be more expensive than wooden trundle beds. Even so, this is a matter or preference.
- Size – just like beds come in several sizes, trundle beds are no different. Depending on your needs, you need to select the right size. For example, if you want a trundle bed for your child’s room, a twin size should be enough. However, larger sizes are also available. All you have to do is look for the one that best suits your needs.
- The quality of the casters – when it comes to casters, you need to pay some extra attention to their quality. That is because the casters need to withstand the weight of the bed as well as of the person who lies in it. As you can imagine, all trundle beds will have within their specifications that the wheels are resilient and whatnot, but my advice is to read some reviews before you actually buy a particular model.
- Weight capacity – the maximum capacity that a trundle bed can take is one other aspect that you need to be careful about. Not all models you find on the market are designed to be used by adults. However, the description of the trundle bed will always specify the maximum weight capacity.
- Additional features – there are not many features a trundle bed can have, but some of them come with drawers you can use when the trundle is not ‘’ That means you need to store the mattress, but there can never be too much storage space, can it?
What are the best trundle beds?
Given the fact that there are so many models on the market, I would say that trundle beds are quite popular. Supply and demand, right? Nevertheless, not all of them are worthy of your attention. Some are poorly made, which is why you need to pay attention to what you are buying. Reading the specifications is always a must, but you should also take a look at some trundle beds reviews online to so what other people bought. In the meantime, take a quick peek at the products I liked. Maybe one of them will catch your eye.
DHP Manila Metal Twin Size Daybed and Trundle
The first product that I found and though it is worth recommending is the bed from DHP. It is a beautifully designed bed with Victorian rounded finials that will match most interior designs. It looks modern, but at the same time, it gives the room a particular charm that I am sure you are going to fall in love with. You can use it as a regular bed, but the trundle underneath is ideal for sleepovers. Another bed will present itself with a simple pull.
Just as the title suggests, this is a metal bed. Its sturdy frame has metal slats for some additional support, but at the same time, air moves freely around your mattress. The trundle has four easy-glide casters. They too have a sturdy construction for reliable support. Two of them can be locked for stability.
As for size, the daybed fits a twin size mattress and the trundle the same. However, the height of the trundle mattress does not have to exceed 6 inches. As you can imagine, the mattresses need to be bought separately. The weight limit for the daybed is 400 pounds, while the trundle can withstand a maximum weight of 225 pounds. This model is ideal for small spaces and guests. The bed arrives disassembled, but you can assemble it on your own. All the hardware is included in the package.
Atlantic Furniture Concord Bed with Flat Panel Foot Board and Trundle Bed
The second trundle bed that I think you will like is the one manufactured by Atlantic furniture. In my opinion, this can be used in a child’s room as a permanent bed, and the trundle will serve you well whenever your child has a sleepover. It is made of high-quality, eco-friendly hardwood with a protective five-step finish. It is built to last up until your child out-grows it.
The twin size bed supports the mattress on a slat system only. There is no need for a foundation. The trundle bed rolls easily on casters, which are incredibly durable. The height of the trundle mattress should not exceed 8 inches. Otherwise, you will not be able to roll it under the bed. Just as with most beds, the mattresses need to be purchased separately.
The assembly is effortless, and if you are handy, you should be able to do it on your own. The hardware is included in the price. One of the best things about the bed from Atlantic furniture is that you cannot tell that it has a trundle. It is hidden and made to look like a drawer.
Merax Captain’s Bed with Trundle Bed and Drawers
Last but not least, the trundle bed from Merax is yet another product that may pique your interest. It is a beautiful bed made of solid pinewood. It will last for many years because of its sturdy construction. The product comes disassembled, but you should be able to put it up in no time. The included instructions are unambiguous, and the hardware is included in the package. You should have no issues on the way.
The best thing about this model is the storage drawers. Yes, you can place a trundle bed underneath whenever necessary, but you can insert the drawers the rest of the time. So, whenever you do not use the trundle, you can turn the underneath of the bed into 6 drawers for some additional storage space. It is one of the most popular features when it comes to this model.
The Merax bed is available in two different finishes, white and walnut. There is no need for a box spring because the slat system is reliable enough. The mattresses are sold separately. The casters are also incredibly reliable. The maximum weight capacity for this bed is 300 pounds.
All three models are well-designed, and I am sure that no matter which one you choose, you will be happy with it. However, if it were me, I would go with the Atlantic Furniture Concord Bed with Flat Panel Foot Board and Trundle Bed. It is a beautiful bed, the underneath serves as storage space whenever the trundle is not in use, and the fact that you cannot tell that it has a trundle is one of my favorite features. I think it is one of the best trundle beds on the market.
A trundle bed can be convenient at times. Whether you need some extra space for guests or sleepovers, you will always have an additional bed at hand. That is something. You can say goodbye to inflatable mattresses and wasted space. A trundle bed is everything you need in this kind of situations. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Know What an Old Pro is Saying About Full Trundle Bed
- Detailed Notes on Trundle Beds for Adults in Simple Step by Step Order
- Buying Cheap Trundle Beds
- Twin Bed with Trundle Options
- Twin Size Trundle Bed – an Outline
- Trundle Bed with Mattress – the Conspiracy
- The Fundamentals of Truckle Bed Revealed
- The Fundamentals of Truckle Bed Revealed
- The Lost Secret of Full Bed with Trundle
- Using Trundle Twin Bed
- Metal Trundle Bed Tips
- What the Experts Are Not Saying About Twin Trundle and What This Means For You
- Find Out Who is Talking About Trundle Mattress and Why You Should Be Worried
- Find Out Who is Talking About Trundle Mattress and Why You Should Be Worried
- Bed Trundle – What Is It?
- Why Everybody Is Talking About Double Trundle Bed and What You Should be Doing
- The Tried and True Method for Twin Trundle Bed Frame in Step by Step Detail
- Ideas, Formulas and Shortcuts for Bunk Bed with Trundle
- The New Angle On Pop up Trundle Bed Just Released
- The Chronicles of Single Trundle Bed
- Hearsay, Deception and Trundle Beds for Sale
- The Do This, Get That Guide On Daybed with Trundle
- Finding the Best Full Size Bed with Trundle
- Life After White Trundle Bed
- Choosing Good Queen Trundle Bed
- The Low Down on Kids Trundle Beds Exposed
- Top Bed with Trundle Tips!
- The Biggest Myth About Single Bed with Trundle Exposed
- The Undeniable Reality About Full Size Trundle Bed That No One Is Sharing With You
- Why Nobody Is Talking About Twin Trundle Bed
- The Bad Side of Trundle Bed Frame
- The Most Popular Day Bed
- Facts, Fiction and Daybed
- Trundle Bed Reviews & Tips